Agenda for Supplementary meeting 23rd July 2012  (click on link)

MINUTES of a Supplementary Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 23rd July 2012 in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00 p.m.

 

Present:                       Susan Smale (in the chair)

                                    Ian Mitchell, Martin Westerman, Doug Massey, Nichola Stokoe, Peter Kerry (minutes)

           

In Attendance:              Nil

 

 

1.        APOLOGIES Ana Hughes.

 

2.        DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST RELATING TO AGENDA ITEMS It was noted that the applicant for TA/2012/726 is a tenant of the Parish Council.

3.        Approval of the MINUTES OF THE MEETING held on 25th June 2012

It was noted that some editorial clarifications were needed, so the decision to approve them was deferred to the following meeting.
It was agreed to investigate the possibility of approving minutes at the following meeting, rather than alternate meetings as at present. Action SS

4.        TA/2012/726 : Little Chase, 40 Paynesfield Road, TN16 2BG - Variation of condition 4 of permission TA/2011/14 dated 23rd February 2011 to allow for provision of off-street parking and associated landscaping.

No objection..

5.        TA/2012/904: Barn Cottage, Westmore Green, Tatsfield, TN16 2JS - Closure of existing access and resurfacing of the hard standing. (Certificate of Lawfulness for a Proposed Development)               

No comment.

6.        TA/2012/903: The White House, Westmore Green, Tatsfield, TN16 2JS - Formation of vehicular access and hard standing. (Certificate of Lawfulness for a Proposed Development)      

No comment.

7.        TA/2012/937: Green Gables, Ricketts Hill Rd - swimming pool and extension (Certificate of Lawfulness for a Proposed Development).

No Comment

8.        Update on Aileen McHugo Building – current situation on tenancies and room lettings; to discuss and agree a potential letting of Room 2 and to sign any documentation pertaining thereto.

 

  1. Tenants in 1 & 3. Kestrels are in 2 on a rolling monthly contract. It was agreed that from September Kestrels could use the main Parish Room together with a storage cupboard so that we could rent out room 2 to a possible new tenant.                                                     Action NS to manage any transition issues.
  2. The Bakery has asked to use room 2 for temporary storage (3 weeks). This was agreed for a flat fee of £50.
                                                                                                                                        Action SS
  3. It was noted that the a key box is now installed on the outside wall of AMB to allow access to the MUGA equipment chest. The combination details need to be sorted.
                                                                                                                                        Action PK.
  4. A number of matters regarding housekeeping were discussed. It was agreed to arrange for work on the hand basin in room 1.                                                                                                Action SS.
  5. Martin offered to do an inventory of the work that needed to be done in the rooms.         Action MW

9.                     Update on Westmore Green Play Area – to agree amendments to final design.

It was noted that Surrey County Council had transferred the £20K grant, and that the placing of the contract was awaiting Steve Hyder returning from leave.

10.     Any other Business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered as a matter of urgency None.

11.     Matters for reporting or inclusion in a future meeting.

Peter Kerry requested to discuss the issue of obsolescent notices on the Parish notice board. Doug Massey requested arrangements for the storage of winter salt supplies.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.15 p.m.

 

 

 

Item & page

(13 June 2011)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

6, 37

Issue guidelines for advertising events for TCGA users

Clerk

30/6

In progress

 

Item & page

(12 Dec 2011)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

6a, 77

Investigate possible signs for grit bins

Clerk

31/12

In progress

 

 

Item & page

(12 Mar 2012)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

7i, 17

Present costs for Business cards

Peter Kerry

08/4/12

In progress

 

Item & page

(9 July 2012)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

9g, 55

Investigate costs of new backing for Ship Hill notice board

Clerk

31/8/12

In progress

9g, 55

Meet with residents to discuss notice board

D Massey

31/8/12

 

10d, 56

Arrange a quiz night team

D Massey

31/7/12

 COMPLETE

 

 

Item & page

(23 July 2012)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

3, 61

Editorial correction of minutes 25 June

Procedure for signing of minutes.

Chairman

10 /9

 

5.a, 61

Progress moving Kestrels to Parish Room from Sept 2012

Nicola Stokoe

NA

COMPLETE

5.b, 61

Arrange storage of equipment for The Bakery

Chairman

NA

COMPLETE

5.c, 61

MUGA Key Box

Peter Kerry

28/7

COMPLETE

5.d, 61

Replace sink waste pipe (room 1)

Chairman

NA

COMPLETE

5.e, 61

AMB work inventory

Martin Westerman

NA

In progress

8, 61

Obsolescent notices/ Salt storage

Clerk

10 /9

In progress

 

Agenda for Supplementary Meeting 20th August 2012

 

MINUTES of a Supplementary Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 20th August 2012 in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00pm

 

Present:                       Mrs Sue Smale (in the chair)       Mrs Nichola Stokoe       Mr Doug Massey                      

                                    Mr Peter Kerry

           

In Attendance:              Mrs Ana Hughes (Clerk)

                                    Mr Bob David (Tandridge District Councillor)

                                   

And 1 parishioner.

 

1.       Apologies: Mr Martin Westerman

 

2.       Declarations of Interest (relating to items on this agenda):

None.

3.       To approve and sign the MINUTES of the previous meetings held on 9th and 23rd July 2012

The Minutes of the previous meetings held on 9th July and 23rd July 2012 were approved and signed by the Chairman as an accurate record along with their appendices where relevant.

4.       Planning:

(a)   TA/2012/925 : Moorhouse Sand Pit, Westerham Road, TN16 2ET. Erection of 2.5m palisade security fence and 3 gates to create enclosed secure area.

It was proposed that the Parish Council should not object and actively support this application as a positive move to deter potential burglars and illegal trespassing on the site. This was approved.

(b)   TA/2012/937: Green Gables, Ricketts Hill Road, Tatsfield, TN16 2NB. Erection of part two storey part single storey rear extension. Erection of building comprising garage and gym/pool room. Excavation to create swimming pool. (Certificate of Lawfulness for a Proposed Development)

It was proposed that the Parish Council should not comment. This was approved.

(c)   TA/2012/968: Ship Hill House East, Ship Hill, Tatsfield, Surrey, TN16 2AH. Erection of single storey side extension.

It was proposed that the Parish Council should not object. This was approved.

(d)   TA/2012/1025: The Haven, Kemsley Road, Tatsfield, TN16 2BH. Erection of single storey rear extension.

It was proposed that the Parish Council should object on the basis that the extension would result in a disproportionate addition over and above the size of the original dwelling as per Policy RE8. This was approved.

The Clerk was instructed to proceed as detailed above and inform Tandridge District Council of the Parish Council’s decisions.

5.       Tatsfield Village Appraisal: to discuss arrangements for a meeting to be held on 12th September 2012

The Neighbourhood Planning Committee have arranged a public meeting on 12th September 2012 to be held at the Aileen McHugo Building to discuss the process for a Village Appraisal which could be the first step in moving towards a Neighbourhood Plan. It was proposed that the Parish Council support this venture. This was agreed. It was proposed that the event be advertised as widely as possible to ensure a strong community presence at the meeting. This was agreed. The Chairman proposed that the Clerk ensure allowances be made in the 2013/14 budget for the Village Appraisal.

6.       Westmore Green new development: discuss and agree the proposed naming

The Chairman proposed that the Parish Council support the name of ‘Bassetts’ to be given to the new street and development on Westmore Green, as proposed by Tandridge District Council. This was approved and the Clerk instructed to proceed.

7.       Shaw Road Triangle: Discuss and agree proposals for possessory claim.

It was proposed that the Parish Council should agree to proceed with possessory claim of the land in the Shaw Road triangle. This was approved by those present with one abstention. Nichola Stokoe to proceed.

 

8.       Wayleaves and Parish Council land: discuss and agree a way forward.

A resolution was proposed by Ian Mitchell and seconded by Doug Massey that this item would contain sensitive matters and require the public to withdraw. This was agreed and the contents of this item are disclosed in a confidential Part 2 memorandum to these minutes.

9.       Village Pond: to report action taken following receipt of a resident’s letter.

It was noted that this matter had been referred to the Green Spaces and Rights of Way Advisory Committee (GSROWAC) and would be on the agenda for discussion when they met in September and that the resident who had sent the letter to the Parish Council had already been invited to the committee meeting. It was noted that the judges for the ‘In Bloom’ competitions had stated they felt it was a ‘...good rural pond....’ The Parish Council agreed to await the outcome of the advisory committee meeting.

10.    New format Codes of Conduct as issued by NALC / Tandridge District Council: discuss and adopt the preferred version.

It was proposed that in light of action recently brought to light regarding action being taken nationally to challenge the recent requirements of the new Code of Conduct, that the Parish Council should delay approving the new Code of Conduct until such queries had been resolved or until new information was presented. This was agreed.

11.    Government consultation ‘Payments by Parish and Community Councils and charter trustees’: discuss and agree a possible response.

The Parish Council discussed the response put forward by the Clerk which had 4 questions. It was proposed that the Parish Council should not agree with the removal of 2 signatories from all payments by Parish and community councils and charter trustees and that therefore the answer to question b was therefore irrelevant. It was proposed that for questions c and d the answers proposed by the Clerk were acceptable. This was agreed with 2 abstentions. It was further proposed that the Parish Council should add their willingness to use electronic banking but that there were concerns with the limited range of services with dual authorisation offered by banks and building societies. This was agreed.

The Clerk was instructed to complete and return the Parish Council response as approved above.

12.    Draft Local Audit Bill: discuss and agree response (due 24th August)

It was proposed that the Parish Council response to each question be included as detailed in Appendix A. This was agreed.

The Clerk was instructed to complete and return the Parish Council response as approved above.

13.    Any other business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency.

None

14.    Matters for Reporting or Inclusion of Future Agenda

The chairman reminded the meeting of the need for a Finance Committee meeting to discuss the budget in September.

Nichola Stokoe requested the first quarter of bank reconciliations to counter sign. The Clerk agreed.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.50 p.m.

 

Subjects raised in Public Adjournments

1- Flooding at Rag Hill and corner of Avenue Road – Parkwood Stables. This needs to be sorted and a soak away installed.

2- Fly tipping in Parkwood Road along the line of the public footpath. This has been reported to P Gates and Steve Mitchell in Surrey County Council.

3- Parish Council should remind Village Organisations that if they need to request a grant then this needs to happen as soon as possible after September so it can be included in the budget.

 

Item & page

(20 Aug 2012)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4, 63

Communicate to Tandridge District Council the decisions on planning applications

Clerk

24/08/2012

COMPLETE

6,63

Inform Tandridge District Council of the decision to support the name of ‘Bassetts’ for the new development.

Clerk

08/09/2012

COMPLETE

7, 63

Proceed with possessory claim for Shaw Road triangle

N Stokoe

10/09/2012

In progress

11, 64

Complete and return response to government consultation

Clerk

24/8/2012

COMPLETE

12,64

Complete and return response to government consultation

Clerk

10/9/2012

COMPLETE

 

 Agenda for Supplementary Meeting on 24th September 2012 


MINUTES of a Supplementary Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 24th September

2012 in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00pm

 

Present:                       Mrs Sue Smale (in the chair)       Mrs Nichola Stokoe       Mr Martin Westerman

                                    Mr Peter Kerry                          Mr Ian Mitchell

           

In Attendance:              Mrs Ana Hughes (Clerk)

                                    Mr Bob David (Tandridge District Councillor)

                                   

And 1 parishioner.

 

1.       Apologies: Mr Doug Massey

 

2.       Declarations of Interest (relating to items on this agenda):

None.

3.       To approve and sign the MINUTES of the previous meetings held on 25th June and 10th September 2012

The Minutes of the previous meetings held on 25th June and 10th September 2012 were approved and signed by the Chairman as an accurate record along with their appendices where relevant.

4.       Planning:

(a)   TA/2012/1094:         The Red House, Ricketts Hill Road, Tatsfield, Surrey, TN16 2NB           Change of use of land from agricultural to residential.

It was proposed that the Parish Council should not object but that the response should include a condition relating to the removal of all permitted development rights to build a structure or pool on the land. This was approved. It was further proposed that an additional comment stating that although it is suggested in the application biodiversity checklist that there is no evidence of badgers on or near the application site, nor that badgers commute through the site to foraging areas, it should be noted that dead badgers are found from time to time along this part of Ricketts Hill Road. At least one has been recovered by Tandridge District Council officers from the verge close to the site. A sett has been reported within 300m southeast of the site.. This was approved.

(b)   TA/2012/1109: The Grasshopper Inn, Westerham Road, Moorhouse, TN16 2EU Erection of entrance porch, raised timber decking and trellising to provide seating area and entrance piers and sign to north-east elevation.

It was proposed that the Parish Council should respond stating there was no comment. This was approved.

The Clerk was instructed to proceed as detailed above and inform Tandridge District Council of the Parish Council’s decisions.

5.       New format Codes of Conduct as issued by NALC / Tandridge District Council: discuss and adopt the preferred version.

The Chairman proposed that the Parish Council should adopt the Tandridge District Council Code of Conduct. This was approved unanimously. The Clerk would distribute the Declarations of Interest to be returned within 28 days of this date.

6.       Tatsfield Green Access: approve proposal for repairing surface to access road for Tatsfield Lodge and agree wayleave agreement for same

It was proposed that the Parish Council should approve the quote the proprietor of Tatsfield Lodge wished to proceed with for repairing the access road over Tatsfield Green to the above residence. This was approved unanimously. It was further proposed that the Parish Council should formally ratify the right of the existing landowner to access his property using the access road, as given by a previous Parish Council according to minutes in 1908. This was also approved. It was further noted that land searches in the 1970s had detailed that Surrey County Council had accepted responsibility for the access road. It was proposed that the Parish Clerk should offer to produce a wayleave agreement for the owner of Tatsfield Lodge for a nominal sum of £200. This was agreed. The Clerk was instructed to proceed

7.       Expenditure: approve and pay invoice for additional work to Village Hall by DH Reeves.

The Clerk requested that the final work on the Village Hall requested by Tony Dawkins and recently completed by DH Reeves & Co be paid – a sum of £75 + VAT. This was approved and the cheque signed.

8.       Volunteer Path Warden Scheme: discuss and agree response.

The questions sent by Steve Mitchell of Surrey County Council and addressed briefly at the meeting on 10th September were discussed and the following responses were agreed:

1. Would you find it beneficial to attend a short (2 hours) training session on public rights of way and the legal powers available to parish/town councils to carry out maintenance work?

Yes, the Parish Council believe that this would be very beneficial.

2. Would you find it beneficial to have a 'Rights of Way - Guide for Parish/Town Councils' booklet. If you would, what particular issues would you find most useful?

Yes the Parish Council believe that it would be beneficial to have a booklet, but contents of this would be largely dependent on the outcome of the training as well as other expectations.

3. Do you have local volunteers who would be willing to carry out practical work on paths under either 1. the parish/town council's supervision and legal powers or 2. under the County Council's Volunteer Path Warden Scheme.”

 

The general approved response to the above question was 'possibly'. This would depend largely on the outcome of the training, whether materials would be provided to perform the practical work and other such questions.

The above responses were agreed by the members present. The Clerk was instructed to respond as required to Surrey County Council.

9.       Advertising: discuss and agree action ref excess advertising in the village and surrounds.

It was proposed that the various categories of advertisements should be defined for discussion and agreement on action at the meeting in October. This was approved and Ian Mitchell was tasked with this. It was further proposed that the Clerk should investigate what had been agreed for village organisations by the previous Parish Council. This was approved.

10.    Parish Council vacancy: discuss and agree way forward.

It was proposed that a campaign of awareness would be initiated over the coming months with an aim to advertising the vacancy on the Parish Council in the New Year. This was agreed.

11.    Surrey Highways Service Localism offer: discuss and agree way forward

It was proposed that action on this item be deferred until the return of the Highways member Doug Massey as he had the most experience with the Lengthsman scheme and was best placed to advice members. This was agreed. It was noted that further information would be forthcoming following the SCAPTC meeting on 27th September that Ian Mitchell was attending.

12.    Any other business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency.

The Clerk brought to the attention of the Chairman two letters.

The first related to an allegedly dangerous tree outside a property in Ricketts Hill Road. As this was deemed to be a possibly serious threat to health and safety the clerk was asked to refer this matter directly to Tandridge District Council, the manager of Tatsfield Green.

The second related to concerns about health and safety for riders and pedestrians on Lusted Hall Lane. The Clerk was asked to respond and acknowledge receipt and to place this on the agenda for discussion in October.

13.    Matters for Reporting or Inclusion of Future Agenda

The Clerk noted that an offer for a photo opportunity was made by East Surrey Museum.

It was proposed that the Parish Council consider a Tatsfield Festival in 2013.

It was reported that the recent meeting on the Appraisal in Tatsfield had a team of around 12 people who had indicated willingness to proceed and that a meeting would be organised in the near future.

It was reported that there were concerns about tree stumps placed outside properties on Ricketts Hill Road becoming dislodged and dangerous to drivers. This needed investigation.

It was requested that a discussion on a land management system for Tatsfield be placed on a future agenda.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.52 p.m.

 

Item & page

(20 Aug 2012)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

7, 63

Proceed with possessory claim for Shaw Road triangle

N Stokoe

10/09/2012

In progress

 

Item & page

(24 Sept 2012)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4a+b, 73

Inform Tandridge District Council of the Parish Council’s decisions

Clerk

30/9/2012

COMPLETE

5, 73

Circulate the new Declaration of Interest forms

Clerk

30/9/2012

COMPLETE

6, 73

Respond to Dr Benison ref Tatsfield Lodge as directed

Clerk

30/9/2012

COMPLETE

8, 73

Respond ref Volunteer Path Warden scheme as directed

Clerk

27/9/2012

COMPLETE

9, 74

Define advertising categories

Ian Mitchell

8/10/12

 

9, 74

Circulate previous Parish Council’s decision ref village organisations advertising on the village centre Green

Clerk

8/10/12

COMPLETE

 

 

Agenda for Finance Committee Meeting held on 26th September 2012

 

MINUTES of a Meeting of the Finance Committee of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 26th September 2012 in the Ground Floor Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00 pm

Present:                       Mrs Susan Smale   (in the chair)           

                                    Mr Ian Mitchell   Mrs Nichola Stokoe

 

In Attendance:  Mrs Ana Hughes (clerk)

                                   

 

And 0 parishioners

 

1.        Apologies: Mr Doug Massey

2.        Declarations of interest (relating to items on the Agenda):

The Chairman declared an interest in the grant item pertaining to the Allotments in item 5 as she is an allotment holder. At the time of the discussion of this item she removed herself from the meeting and only returned once the discussion and voting was completed.

3.        Agree and Sign the Minutes of the Last Meeting held on 28th May 2012

The minutes of the meeting held on the 28th May 2012 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.     

4.        First draft of 2013/14 Budget

The Clerk had prepared a first draft of the budget. This was discussed in detail and changes proposed which would be presented at the next meeting of the Finance committee. It was agreed that the precept should remain unchanged at £38,000 and that increases should be made in provisions for Capital expenditure to budget for the replacement of the boiler in the Aileen McHugo Building as well as new benches on Westmore Green. It was also agreed that the Repairs and Maintenance budgets for non-recurring items should be increased following the recent meeting of the Green Spaces and Rights of Way advisory committee and estimated costs for maintenance to parish council assets coming from that. Final amounts would be confirmed by the Clerk through quotes and recommendations from the committee once these were presented to the Parish Council.

5.        Grant Requests for 2011/12:

·         Fairtrade Group - £100:

This request for pump action hot drink flasks for the Tatsfield Fairtrade Group was approved up to a maximum of £100.

·         Dave Bishop – Christmas Carol Singalong for Village £350:

This request was approved as per the email received from Dave Bishop on 17th September 2012 up to a total of £350.

·         Tatsfield Allotments and Community Gardens Group - £300-£400:

A motion to invoke Standing order 29a (Any or every part of the standing orders, except those which are mandatory by law, may be suspended by resolution in relation to any specific item of business’) was proposed by Nichola Stokoe and seconded by Ian Mitchell referent to Standing Order 1q (No business may be transacted at a meeting unless at least one third of the whole number of members of the Council are present and in no case shall the quorum of a meeting be less than 3), to ensure this item could be discussed as the Chairman had left the meeting due to a declared interest. This was adopted.
The Clerk confirmed £500 was available to expenditure on Tatsfield Allotments and Community Gardens in the current year’s budget and this had not yet been allocated. This item was approved up to a total of £400 based on the emails and quotes received on 12 September 2012 and subject to the remaining monies being awarded by Surrey County Council.

Ian Mitchell proposed a motion to reinstate Standing Order 1q following completion of this item and the return of the Chairman to the meeting. This was seconded by Nichola Stokoe and adopted.

·         St Marys Church - £750 grant towards new cemetery (in budget):

this item related to a request made to the Parish Council and approved in 2008 to allocate an amount equating to the number of households in Tatsfield annually in the financial budget under grants, for maintenance of new land provided for burials. This had been done in the current year’s budget and it was agreed this amount should be awarded since a request for the grant had been received by the Parish Council.

 

The Clerk was instructed to inform relevant organisations and recipients of Parish Council decisions.

6.        Approval for expenditure: Backing for Ship Hill Noticeboard - circa £50 for materials + installation.

The Clerk had received confirmation that the cost to install new backing, as requested by previous meetings of the Parish Council in September, would be £50. The finance committee approved this expenditure subject to confirmation that the notice board was sound enough to be repaired from the Desmond Bishop who would be performing the installation.

7.        Items for Discussion or Referral to Future Agendas.

There were none.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.50 p.m.

Item & page

(8 Mar 2012)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

3, 1

To manage the set up and transfer of car park management funds amounts as agreed in the meeting.

Clerk

31/03/2012

In progress

 

Item & page

(26 Sept 2012)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4, 6

Update budget and circulate once quotes / estimates received

Clerk

16/10/12

COMPLETE

5, 6

Inform grant recipients of Parish Council decisions

Clerk

8/10/12

COMPLETE

6,7

Receive confirmation referent the Ship Hill notice board

Clerk

8/10/12

In progress