Agenda for Supplementary Meeting 22nd April 2013

 

MINUTES of a Supplementary Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 22nd April 2013

in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00pm

 

Present:                       Mr Doug Massey (in the chair)    Mr Martin Westerman

                                    Mr Peter Kerry   Mrs Nichola Stokoe, Mr Ian Mitchell

           

In Attendance:              Mrs Ana Hughes (Clerk)

                                                                             

And 0 parishioners.

1.        Apologies:

Mrs Susan Smale

2.       Declarations of Interest (relating to items on this agenda):

None

3.       Approve and sign the MINUTES of the previous meeting held on 8th April 2013

The Minutes of the previous meetings held on 8th April 2013 were approved and signed by the Chairman as an accurate record along with their appendices where relevant.

4.       Planning:

a)     TA/2013/304: Esher Cottage, Ricketts Hill Road, Tatsfield, Surrey, TN16 2NG

Erection of single storey rear extension and alterations to existing roof. Installation of 2x roof lights.

It was proposed and agreed that the Parish Council is concerned that the cumulative increase in bulk over the original dwelling size proposed in this planning application may be disproportionate, but nevertheless considers the proposals to be an improvement to the appearance of the dwelling.

b)    TA/2013/344: Holt Cottage, Kemsley Road, Tatsfield, Kent, TN16 2BH  

Demolition of existing conservatory. Erection of single storey rear extension.

It was proposed and agreed that there was no objection to this proposal.

c)     TA/2013/373: Greenacre, Manor Road

Entrance porch, dormer windows to front elevation

It was proposed and agreed that the response should state the Parish Council considered in view of the potential overlooking of neighbouring properties the Parish Council suggests that the applicant uses obscure glazing for the proposals in this planning application.

The Clerk was instructed to inform Tandridge Planning of these decisions.

5.       Finance:

a)     Ratify request from Appraisal team to spend £180 from their budget amount

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Appraisal team’s request should be ratified as per minutes of the 8th April 2013.

6.       Parish Land:

a)     Aileen McHugo Building: request to use for occasional First Aid training

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Clerk should provide the terms and conditions to the enquiry for hiring the Parish Rooms as well as reinforce support for any village based courses involving Heartstart.

b)    Westmore Green: agree final draft of License for Works at The End

The terms and conditions proposed for the final draft of the License of Works for The End were approved. They included the additional items requested by the owner of the property. It was noted that care should be taken regarding scaffolding on the path on Westmore Green. The Clerk to progress.

c)     TACG: composting group request update

The Clerk noted that no feedback had yet been received from Tandridge planning.

7.       CIL Infrastructure levy consultation: final agreement

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the final response should be submitted by the Clerk by midnight on 22nd April 2013 (as detailed in Appendix A).

8.       Any other business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency

The Clerk noted that all Planning matters should be placed and discussed only on the agenda to ensure consultation with local residents was transparent. The Chairman thanked the Clerk but felt that the 2 planning consultations should still be considered under this item.

  • TA/2013/543 : Headley, Redhouse Road, Tatsfield, Surrey, TN16 2AB Erection of first floor side extension.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed no objection.

  • TA/2013/518: El Cumbre, Ricketts Hill Road, Tatsfield, Surrey, TN16 2NF Erection of car port to west elevation.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the response should ensure the inclusion of a condition preventing the carport being converted into a garage in the future, given the dwelling had recently converted their garage into habitable accommodation.

The Clerk was instructed to proceed.

 

9.       Matters for Reporting or Inclusion of Future Agenda

Ian Mitchell noted that the publicising of the Annual Parish Meeting should be examined as the attendance had been very poor.

Peter Kerry noted that the Communications Advisory Group had recently discussed Crime Reduction and Security tagging and that this should be referred to the Parish Council for the May meeting in the context of recent crime figures, given it was out of their remit.

He also requested that engagement with the public be on the next agenda in light of attendance at the Annual Parish meeting.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.10 p.m.

 

Item & page

(28 Jan 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

9, 7

Co-ordinate discussion

Doug Massey

28/2/2013

In progress

Item & page

(25 Feb 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

7, 16

Contact Age UK

Peter Kerry

11/3/2013

IN progress

Item & page

(25 Mar 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

6b, 23

Rota for car park duties

Chair

8/4/2013

In progress

Item & page

(22 Apr 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4a-c, 31

Inform Tandridge district council of decisions

Clerk

26/4/2013

COMPLETE

6a, 31

Inform enquiry of terms and conditions of hire

Clerk

30/4/2013

 

6b, 31

Progress drafting the License of Works

Clerk

13/5/2013

 in progress

 

Agenda for Finance Committee meeting on 9th May 2013 at 8.00pm

 

MINUTES of a Meeting of the Finance Committee of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 9th May 2013 in the Ground Floor Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00 pm

Present:                  Mrs Susan Smale   (in the chair)           

                              Mr Ian Mitchell               Mr Doug Massey

 

In Attendance:        Mrs Ana Hughes (clerk)

                             

And 0 parishioners

1.       Apologies: Mrs Nichola Stokoe

2.        Declarations of interest (relating to items on the Agenda):

Douglas Massey declared an interest in the item relating to the grant for the Fair-trade Association (Item 5). It was deemed that the Clerk could grant dispensation as adopted in the minutes of 12th November 2012 to allow the meeting to continue.

3.       Agree and Sign the Minutes of the Last Meeting held on 13th March 2013

The minutes of the meeting held on the 13th March 2013 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.     

4.       To consider the Draft accounts before their presentation to the internal auditor on 24th May including the figures

The figures presented by the Responsible Financial Officer for submittal to the internal auditor, including draft Statutory Annual return figures were agreed.

The Chairman requested investigation into an amount shown in the Income and Expenditure account of £51 for the car park maintenance account to confirm whether this was related only to an out of date version.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that a note explaining the difference in the statutory annual return figures in box 7 (£75,468) and the figure of £75,467 which would be obtained by subtracting the totals of boxes 1,2 and 3 from the totals of 4,5 and 6, due to rounding differences.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed to follow the Clerk’s advice of using the figure in box 7 and making a change to box 6 in the annual return figure submitted to the auditors, given the difference was solely down to rounding totals in the software used.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Clerk should record a further note expressing dissatisfaction at the difference due to the software.

5.       Grant Requests for 2013/14:

·         Vern d'Anjou association - deferred from previous meeting

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed to plan an event with the Vern d’Anjou Association which would increase awareness of the association’s work and the twinning process and open this up to more members of the Tatsfield community.

·         St Catherine's Hospice - based in Crawley. Requesting £200

This was agreed following research submitted by the Clerk on services offered and available to Tatsfield residents.

·         Ridge Radio - requesting support

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that this matter should be referred to the Communications Advisory Group to research benefits and submit a recommendation.

·         Fair-trade Association: £200 for renewal and Feb 2014 event

This was agreed.

·         Tatsfield Composting Group: £300 towards service / repairs of machines

This was agreed subject to receipt by the Clerk of a copy of the most up to date accounts.

·         Oxted CAB: requesting support 2013-14

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed a grant of £200 for the excellent support this organisation gave to the community.

The Clerk was instructed to proceed on the above items as required.

6.       Rent Reviews:

·         Agree Final figures for rent reviews for Ground Floor.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the base rent of all ground floor tenancies should be increased in line with the increase for the first floor – 3.3% on rental and 15% on the service charge / utilities element. Subject to final confirmation of figures by the Clerk, this was likely to increase the total rent to £1600 per annum which was still incredibly reasonable for the facilities offered.

The Clerk was instructed to draft letters proposing these increases but taking into account the deposits made by tenants in Rooms 1 and 2 which would cover these increase.

 

7.       Aileen McHugo building:

·                  Electricity upgrade staged payments

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that 2 staged payments would be made to Kells Electrical Services for the electricity project underway on the Ground Floor. The first payment of £1800 would cover the materials and had been made in May. The second would be the balance of the work and would take place upon completion and satisfactory agreement by Doug Massey and Peter Kerry.

·                  Bookings for Parish Rooms - Clerk delegated authority

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Clerk should have full authority to make bookings of the Parish Room unless she had concerns about the authenticity of the proposed organisation or if the proposed bookings were on a long term or regular basis.

8.       Payment of Clerk’s basic salary as standing order on a given monthly date.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Clerk’s basic salary for her contracted monthly hours should in future be paid by standing order on the 9th of the month or thereabouts with additional hours paid in arrears by cheque as currently in force.

9.       Parish Council insurance renewal

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed to adopt the Clerk’s advice of agreeing a 3 year deal with current insurers Aviva (through Came and Company) and change the renewal date to October thereby securing an overall reduction of 12% until October 2016.

10.    Items for Discussion or Referral to Future Agendas.

None.

The Meeting closed at 9.37 p.m.

Item & page

(9 May 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4, 5

Complete accounts with the notes and provide explanation of discrepancy (£1)

Clerk

24/5/2013

 

5, 5

Inform organisations of Parish Council decision

Clerk

27/5/2013

 COMPLETE

6,5

Draft letters informing tenants of proposed increase in rent.

Clerk

10/5/2013

In progress

 

Agenda for Supplementary Meeting on 3 June 2013

 

MINUTES of a Supplementary Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 3rd June 2013

in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00pm

 

Present:                       Mrs Susan Smale (in the chair) Mr Doug Massey,            Mrs Nichola Stokoe, Mr Ian Mitchell

           

In Attendance:              Mrs Ana Hughes (Clerk)

                                   

                                               

And 0 parishioners.

1.        Apologies: Mr Martin Westerman, Mr Peter Kerry

2.       Declarations of Interest (relating to items on this agenda):

None

3.       Approve and sign the MINUTES of the previous meeting held on 13th May 2013

The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 13th May 2013 were approved and signed by the Chairman as an accurate record along with their appendices where relevant.

4.       Minutes of Finance Committee Meeting on 9th May 2013 – receive and approve.

The minutes of the Finance Committee meeting on 9th May 2013 were received and approved.

5.       Planning:

  • TA/2013/658: 2 Rag Hill Close, Tatsfield, TN16 2LR Erection of first floor extension to front elevation.

It was proposed and agreed there was no objection.

  •             TA/2013/637 38 Lusted Hall Lane, Tatsfield, TN16 2AE Formation of vehicle crossover.

It was proposed and agreed that there was no objection and to comment that the application would increase safety by encouraging cars to park off the road.

The Clerk was instructed to inform Tandridge Planning of these decisions.

6.       End of year accounts: consider final versions for approval at full council – including Notes to the accounts.

A change to the notes to the accounts for item 1 (Assets) were requested as some of the details were incorrect. The Clerk to action. The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that once these changes were made these annual accounts would be signed off and approved at the coming meeting on 10th June. The internal auditor’s report was received and approved – there were no proposals for improvements and all processes and financial controls were deemed satisfactory.

7.       Westmore Green:

  • request for Picnic on the Green – sponsorship from Parish Council

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Parish Council should support this proposal through a grant of £300 to be paid on presentation of invoices to the Clerk up to that value. The Clerk was asked to inform Dave Bishop of this decision. The Clerk was also asked to thank Mr Bishop for his initiative in proposing and organising this event for the community in light of previously organised and successful events.

8.       Request for new sign from Fairtrade Group

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that this was a sound request in principle but until all village signs had been assessed and reviewed she proposed an interim measure of using a sticker on existing signs. The Parish Council’s review would take the Fairtrade Group’s proposals into account.

9.       Upgrading Footpath no 25 to Bridleway status

The chairman proposed and it was agreed that a response confirming the original objection should be re-iterated together with a request for assurance that a provision for the safety of pedestrians using this footpath was to be taken. The Clerk to proceed.

10.    Signing of agreements:

  • License of Works for The End: this was signed and would be retained by the Clerk until signed paperwork and payments as well as the go ahead from Tandridge planning had been received from Mr Iredale.
  •             Tenancy agreement for Room 1 with Chartwell Cancer Trust Ltd: the tenant had returned the agreement and declaration and the Parish Council signed their copy to be returned to Chartwell Cancer Trust together with the invoice.

11.    Any other business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency

None

12.    Matters for Reporting or Inclusion of Future Agenda

Ian Mitchell drew attention to the recently received result of the consultation on Tandridge’s Planning policy and agreed to summarise this for the main meeting on 10th June.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.10 p.m.

 

Item & page

(3 June 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

5, 39

Contact Tandridge Planning with decisions

Clerk

7/6/2013

COMPLETE

7, 39

Inform Dave Bishop of grant for proposed picnic on the Green

Clerk

7/6/2013

COMPLETE

9, 39

Object to modification order

Clerk

8/7/2013

 

10,39

Return Chartwell tenancy agreement

Clerk

6/6/2013

COMPLETE

 

 Agenda for Supplementary Meeting 24th June 2013 at 8.00pm

 

MINUTES of a Supplementary Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 24thJune 2013

in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00pm

 

Present:                       Mrs Susan Smale (in the chair), Mr Ian Mitchell, Mr Martin Westerman, Mr Peter Kerry,

Ms Helena Garcia

           

In Attendance:              Mrs Ana Hughes (Clerk)

                                   

                                               

And 4 parishioners.

1.        Apologies: Mr Doug Massey, Mrs Nichola Stokoe

2.       Declarations of Interest (relating to items on this agenda):

Ian Mitchell declared an interest in Item 4 but considered it to be negligible.

3.       Approve and sign the MINUTES of the previous meeting held on 10th June 2013

The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 10th June 2013 were approved and signed by the Chairman as an accurate record along with their appendices where relevant.

4.       Planning:

  • TA/2013/725: Thistledown, Shaw Road, Tatsfield, Nr Westerham, Kent,TN16 2BX Use of former chicken shed as a single dwelling and use of surrounding land for ancillary residential use (Certificate of Lawfulness for an Existing Use) Proposed and agreed that the Parish Council had no comment

The Clerk was instructed to inform Tandridge Planning of this decision.

5.       Parish Council Property:

  •             Pitch enquiry – discussion and decision

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that a trial should take place by the mobile pizza business Federicci Ltd for a period of 6 weeks starting at the beginning of August at the front of the Village Hall subject to the following conditions:

1)     The proposed date to be confirmed as soon as possible
2)     Details of Public Liability and Employers Liability insurance to be provided at least 3 weeks before the start of the trial together with confirmation of the Food Hygiene certificate
3)     The van (no more than 4metres in length) to be parked in front of the Village Hall, at the rear of forecourt on the left in front of metal gates
4)     No obstruction of the exit from the Village Hall stage
5)     The bollards at the front would need to be lowered and raised to let the van in and out – the Clerk would provide instructions on doing this and a key and training would also be provided prior to the start of the trial
6)     A sign would be provided by Federicci Limited instructing driving customers to park in the school / village car park
7)     Pitch timings from 16.00 – 21.00, including set up and clearing
8)     A bin would be provided by Federicci Ltd and rubbish would be cleared from the site at the end of the pitch time
9)     Any concerns should be reported immediately to the Clerk and discussed by both sides
10)  No charge during the 6 week trial but should the trial be successful and continue beyond the 6 week period a charge of £30 per pitch would be incurred by Federicci Ltd payable to Tatsfield Parish Council
11)  The Parish Council would review the trial at the end of the 6 week period together with Federicci.

The Clerk was instructed to confirm these conditions and to inform Tatsfield Primary School.

6.       Tatsfield Communications Advisory Committee (TCAC):

  • Business link levy: the Parish Council agreed the proposed 10% levy on Parish Magazine rates for placing business links on the website in addition to adverts in the magazine. This would need to be monitored carefully by the TCAC and has been cleared with Surrey County Council.
  • Scout fete presence: the Chairman proposed and it was generally agreed that the Parish Council should attend the scout fete, focusing on the appraisal with assistance from the Chair of the Appraisal committee. A rota and attendance would be agreed shortly.
  • Engagement with public– suggested approaches. Peter Kerry presented theTCAC draft list of suggestions for engagement (Appendix A attached). The Chairman proposed and it was generally agreed the following:
    • Item 1 and 2 were duly noted.
    • Item 3 needed to be further discussed – it was noted that the Parish Council was different to the Village and therefore should be perceived as such.
    • Item 4 – the Parish council would be represented at the scout Fete. The Chairman noted that a parish council presence by individual councillors at village events was just as important as a formal delegation at large events, making each councillor more approachable and that this was largely already happening.
    • Item 5: a repeat of Tatsfield week was welcomed. Peter Kerry was asked to confer with Eileen Pearce who had last organised it in 2004.
    • Item 6: minutes were required to adhere to statutory obligations.
    • Item 7: the notion of using photos was welcomed.
    • Item 9: the Chairman invited a volunteer to undertake this
    • Item 8 and 10: the Chairman welcomed any volunteers to present notes however these needed to be carefully worded to ensure they were a true reflection of events and achieved the desired impact.
    • Item 11: this would be considered further but would need councillor time
    • Item 12: a revisit to this item needed to be considered at a later stage
    • Item 13: this was welcomed.
    • Item 14: the Clerk noted that this item was already in place – tatsfieldpc@talk21.com was the only point of contact and the telephone number for contact with the Clerk was widely available.
    • Item 15 and 16: these were acknowledged and the Chairman encouraged Peter Kerry to move these items forward.
    • Printing of questionnaire: £650 to Silver Pines and £34 to Roger Pearce.

7.       Finance: approve expenditure

These items were approved to be taken from the Appraisal budget.

8.       Any other business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency

The Chairman proposed the approval of a fund-raising event to raise funds for Hospice in the Weald to take place in the Village Hall and car park on 6th July 2013. The organiser – Cameron Chorley – requested use of the car park for a bouncy castle and BBQ.

Approval was agreed in principle, subject to the Clerk confirming details for the BBQ and Public Liability Insurance details provided re the bouncy castle with the insurers Came and Company. The location of the BBQ and bouncy castle needed to be provided to the clerk before final approval.

9.       Matters for Reporting or Inclusion of Future Agenda

Ian Mitchell drew attention to the recently received result of the consultation on Tandridge’s Planning policy and agreed to summarise this for the main meeting on 10th June.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.10 p.m.

 

Item & page

(3 June 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

9, 39

Object to modification order

Clerk

8/7/2013

COMPLETE

Item & page

(24 June 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4, 48

Inform Tandridge planning of decision

Clerk

01/7/2013

COMPLETE

5, 48

Confirm trial for Federicci Limited re Pizza pitch

Clerk

01/7/2013

COMPLETE

7, 49

Confer with Eileen Pearce about Tatsfield Week (TWEEK)

Peter Kerry

22/7/2013

 

7, 49

Action feedback through Twitter and Face book and a suggestion box at Linda’s

Peter Kerry

31/7/2013

 

8, 49

Confirm approval for Hospice in the Weald fundraising as soon as details received from insurance and C Chorley.

Clerk

3/7/2013

COMPLETE