Agenda for Finance Committee meeting 03/10/2013

 

MINUTES of a Meeting of the Finance Committee of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 3rd October 2013 in the Ground Floor Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00 pm

Present:                  Mrs Susan Smale    (in the chair)           

                              Mr Ian Mitchell               Mr Doug Massey  Mrs Nichola Stokoe

 

In Attendance:        Mrs Ana Hughes (clerk)

                             

And 0 parishioners

1.        Apologies: None

2.        Declarations of interest (relating to items on the Agenda):

None

3.       Agree and Sign the Minutes of the Last Meeting held on 9th May 2013

The minutes of the meeting held on the 13th March 2013 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.     

4.       Budget 2014-15: first thoughts on main headings

The draft budget was considered by the meeting and changes were made to various headings: namely the agreement to remove the Appraisal item, and add War Memorial and Neighbourhood Plan as possible item headings.

Some changes to the amounts were made but it was agreed that the Clerk should include the proposed changes and that the budget would then be further considered at the next meeting in early November.

The Chairman asked the Clerk to enquire about the payment of lost earnings to members for training course attendance.

5.       Grant Requests for 2013/14:

  • Resident's request for support : S137 possibility

The Clerk informed the meeting that it was not possible under Section 137 or other powers to benefit an individual with a grant, The Clerk noted that the resident had been advised of a possible source of funding from the Roseheath Foundation.

  • Crimestoppers - open request

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that a grant of £100 be awarded on the condition that the Chief Executive of the Charity’s remuneration was less than £100,000 per annum.

 

The Clerk was instructed to proceed on the above items as required.

6.       Investments:

  • Cambridge Building Society : change of account

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Fixed Bond account funds should be transferred to the Early Access account temporarily. The Clerk was instructed to

  • Decision on where to re-invest NatWest amount

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the changing nature of the current financial markets required caution and that this matter should be revisited in a couple of months when more favourable investment options might be available.

7.       Items for Discussion or Referral to Future Agendas.

None.

The Meeting closed at 9.37 p.m.

Item & page

(3rd Oct  2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4, 7

Make required changes and re-circulate budget

Clerk

25/10/2013

 

5, 7

Research and take action as directed

Clerk

11/10/2103

 

6, 7

Continue to research investment opportunities and present options where possible

Clerk

30/11/2013

 

 

Agenda for Supplementary meeting to be held on 28th October 2013

 

MINUTES of the Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 28th October 2013 in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00 p.m.

Present:                       Mrs Sue Smale (in the chair)

                                    Mr Martin Westerman, Mr Peter Kerry, Mr Doug Massey

           

In Attendance:  None

 

1.   APOLOGIES: Mrs Nichola Stokoe, Ms Helena Garcia, Mr Ian Mitchell, Mrs Ana Hughes

 

2.   DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST (relating to items on the agenda):

Peter Kerry declared that he is a neighbour of the applicant for planning in 4a below.

 

3.   To agree and sign the MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING held on 14th October 2013

This action was deferred until the next meeting.

 

4.   PLANNING

a)    TA/2013/1447: Rashida, Greenway, Tatsfield, TN16 2BS Erection of detached garage following demolition of existing (response due by 8/11/2013).

  1. It was agreed the response that we had no objections to the proposal.

b)    Sustainable Communities Act 2007 – discuss possible impact of new power.

                                                  i.    It was decided to defer this until the next meeting when it was hoped that more members would be available to contribute to the discussion. ACTION - Chair to email members for comments/proposals in advance of meeting.

 

  1. Car Park: Federicci Ltd: signature of License agreement.
    This was agreed and the document signed.
  2. Village Hall: discussion on costs re signs in car park.
    This had been agreed in principle, and we would await further update.
  3. PPL/PRS Music License – update
    Martin Westerman presented documents from the PPL and PRS organisations for discussion. It was agreed that under section 2 we were exempt. No further action required.

 

8. Any other business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency. None

 

9. MATTERS FOR REPORTING OR INCLUSION IN FUTURE AGENDA. None

 

The meeting concluded at 9.00pm

 

 Agenda for Finance Committee Meeting on 18th November 2013 at 8.00pm

 

DRAFT MINUTES of a Meeting of the Finance Committee of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 18th November 2013 in the Ground Floor Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00 pm

Present:                  Mrs Susan Smale   (in the chair)           

                              Mr Ian Mitchell               Mr Doug Massey

 

In Attendance:        Mrs Ana Hughes (clerk)

                             

And 0 parishioners

1.       Apologies: Mrs Nichola Stokoe

2.        Declarations of interest (relating to items on the Agenda):

None

3.       Agree and Sign the Minutes of the Last Meeting held on 3rd October 2013

The minutes of the meeting held on the 3rd October 2013 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.     

4.       Budget 2014-15:

·         Final thoughts / decisions

The Clerk confirmed all changes had been made and the budget was considered.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed the following changes should be made:

  • The item relating to car park income should be set to 0
  • An additional War Memorial heading should be included with a budget of £2,000
  • An additional Neighbourhood Plan heading should be included with a budget of 5,000
  • The Section 137 should be set at the maximum with a view to using it to assist with any possible funding for a War Memorial
·         Final budget for approval to Parish Council meeting in December

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that this budget be presented for approval to the Parish Council meeting on 9th December 2013. The precept would be set at £42,000 which was a 5% increase on the previous year, with the remaining shortfall to be taken from Parish Council reserves. This would involve a Band D increase from £44.14 per annum (£3.68 per month) to ££46.35 per annum (£3.86 per month). The expectations arising from the village appraisal for 2 major projects next year required budgeting.

 

5.       Grant Requests for 2013/14:

·         Crimestoppers: The Clerk noted that the condition determined at the previous meeting could not be fulfilled as it was highly likely according to research, that the CEO of the charity earned more than £100,000. The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the grant provided be set at £50 for this financial year.

6.       Investments:

·         Cambridge Building Society: account

Further to the previous meeting and advice received from the Clerk the Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the matured Fixed Rate Bond currently in an easy access account should be transferred to a 90 day notice saver which would provide a higher rate of interest but still remain fairly accessible. The Clerk to proceed.

·         Further thoughts on short term investments.

It was agreed this would be reviewed in the Spring.

7.       Items for Discussion or Referral to Future Agendas.

The Clerk noted she had received an official request for funding from Tatsfield Fair-trade Group for the coming financial year of £750.

The Meeting closed at 9.35 p.m.

 

 

Item & page

(3rd Oct 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

6, 7

Continue to research investment opportunities and present options where possible

Clerk

30/11/2013

In progress

Item & page

(18th Nov 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4, 8

Update and circulate final budget for approval in December

Clerk

01/12/2013

 COMPLETE

5,8

Inform recipient of Parish Council grant decision

Clerk

22/11/2013

COMPLETE

6,8

Arrange for transfer of funds

Clerk

1/12/2013

 COMPLETE

 

Agenda for Supplementary Meeting on 25th November 2013

 

MINUTES of the Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 25th November 2013 in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00 p.m.

Present:                       Mrs Sue Smale (in the chair)

                                    Mr Martin Westerman, Mr Peter Kerry, Mrs Nichola Stokoe,

Ms Helena Garcia, Mr Ian Mitchell

           

In Attendance:  None

 

1.   APOLOGIES: Mr Doug Massey

 

2.   DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST (relating to items on the agenda):

None

3.   To agree and sign the MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING held on 11th November 2013

The minutes and associated appendices were agreed and signed by the chairman.

4.   PLANNING

(a)   TA2013/931/Cond1 Former Tatsfield Primary School, Church Hill, Tatsfield, TN16 2JX Details pursuant to conditions 3, 6, & 7

No comment – the clerk confirmed she would check the particulars of this application.

(b)   TA/2013/1550: Motorway Services Area, M25 Eastbound, Clacket Lane, Tatsfield, TN16 2ER Installation of new fuel tanks with associated replacement fuel pumps and forecourt alterations.

No Comment

The Clerk was instructed to inform Tandridge planning of the parish council’s decisions.

Ian Mitchell noted that TA/2013/1634 – Pipersdene had not been discussed by the parish council and no decision made despite a deadline of 2nd December 2013. The Clerk was instructed to confirm whether the new planning laws applied in this case.

c)     Sustainable Communities Act 2007 – discuss possible impact of new power.

The chairman proposed and it was agreed that the parish council accepted and acknowledged this new power and that further thoughts would be considered at the main meeting in January 2014.

5.    Surrey County Council Consultation: Home to School policy 2015 – initial discussion

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the concerns expressed by members be collated to be agreed in a final response document on 9th December 2013. The clerk was instructed to invite individuals’ comments and awareness through Facebook and website placements.

6.    Highways Localism Approaches: meeting with Surrey and other local parish councils

The chairman noted that Ian Mitchell and she would be attending the meeting to discuss this on 29th November 2013 and further information on this matter would then be available.

7.    Advertising requests:

  • Christmas Carol Sing-along – on Village Centre green

The chairman proposed and it was agreed this item and subsequent Christmas Carol events could be advertised under the Parish council advertising conditions without prior request from 2013, on the condition that the parish council was kept updated on dates and arrangements. The Clerk to address.

  • Little Acorns – banner on gate beside Village Hall
    The chairman proposed and it was agreed that the parish council advertising policy on this type of banner would apply and approval given. The Clerk to address.
  • Possible extension required for The End License of Works

8.    Westmore Green

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that an additional letter to the original license of works be issued extending the deadline from 6 to 8 months from the date signed (24th June 2013) and the clerk should ascertain whether this would be sufficient and re-iterate the need for making good on the Green and the access pathway.

  • Update re complaint.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the parish council should defend the claim by Mr Pike against the parish council under current known circumstances. The Clerk and Nichola Stokoe to complete Acknowledgement process and the defence statement by the 1st December and 15th December respectively.

9.    Any other business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency.

None

 

  1. MATTERS FOR REPORTING OR INCLUSION IN FUTURE AGENDA.

The Chairman noted that members needed to upload their photos on to the website.

Grants and the result of the tree survey would be addressed at the main meeting.

The assets of community value request needed completion as soon as possible.

 

The meeting concluded at 9.35pm

 

Item & page

(25 Feb 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

7, 16

Contact Age UK

Peter Kerry

11/3/2013

IN progress

Item & page

(9 Sept 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

8c, 60

Investigate prices / styles for war memorial

Clerk

14/10/2013

In progress

Item & page

(14 Oct 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

8f, 70

Arrange meeting with key parties for Old Lane discussions

D Massey

31/10/2013

In progress

Item & page

(25 Nov 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

4a, 81

Inform Tandridge planning of decisions

Clerk

28/11/2013

COMPLETE

4b, 81

Investigate items for planning

Clerk

28/11/2013

COMPLETE

5, 81

Place Surrey County Council transport policy consultation on Facebook and website

Clerk

29/11/2013

COMPLETE

7, 81

Provide approval for advertising

Clerk

29/11/2013

COMPLETE

8, 81

Complete acknowledgement and defence statements

Clerk and Nichola Stokoe

1/12/2013

15/12/2013

COMPLETE