Agenda for Main meeting 08th July 2013

 

MINUTES of the Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 8th July 2013 in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 8.00 p.m.

Present:                       Mrs Susan Smale (in the chair)

                                    Mr Douglas Massey, Mr Martin Westerman, Mr Peter Kerry, Mrs Nichola Stokoe

                                    Ms Helena Garcia

           

In Attendance:  Mrs Ana Hughes (Clerk)

                                                Mr Bob David (Tandridge DC Councillor)

                                                Mr David Hodge (Surrey County Councillor)

                                   

And 9 parishioners.

 

1.     APOLOGIES: Mr Ian Mitchell, Mr Peter Kerry

 

2.    DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST (relating to items on the agenda):

None

.

3.    To agree and sign the MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING held on 24 June 2013

The minutes of the supplementary meeting held on the 24th June 2013 were approved and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.

 

4.    To receive an Officer’s report on actions outstanding since the previous meeting

The Clerk informed the meeting that action points would be addressed under current agenda items and that if these had been completed this was shown in the Action list table.

 

5.    PLANNING

(a)   To determine the Parish Councils position on Appendix A (if relevant)

  • TA/2013/ 873 22 Lusted Hall Lane, Tatsfield, Surrey, TN16 2AE Erection of conservatory to rear elevation.

No comment.

  • TA/2013/888 Sylvan Bank, Ship Hill, Tatsfield, Surrey, TN16 2JY Removal of existing pebble dash and tile hang top half of left flank wall and re-pebbledash bottom half. (Certificate of Lawfulness for a Proposed use or development).

No Comment.

The Clerk was instructed to inform Tandridge Planning of the Parish Council’s decisions.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed to request an extension for response to a recently received planning application TA/2013/788 as this could only be discussed on 22 July 2013.

(b)   Planning member for July

Nicola Stokoe to take on this role in July / August assisted by Helena Garcia.

(c)   Neighbourhood Planning Development Committee / Appraisal Team: update

It was noted that responses had begun to return and collection would take place over the coming weeks. The Parish Council would do all in their power to encourage responses to this valuable community consultation.

 

6.    FINANCE

(a)   To authorize payments (including presentation of cheques) detailed in Appendix B

These were agreed and signed. The Clerk noted a number of large items of expenditure –notably the completion of the lighting upgrade for the ground floor of the Aileen McHugo Building and emergency work on trees in Manor Road.

(b)   To discuss and agree items requiring expenditure:

  • Microshade VSM Hosted applications: estimated at £42 a month.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the security measures would be reviewed but that at this time this service was not considered cost- effective. This could be revisited should further information become available.

  • Emergency tree surgeon work in Manor Road: £850 + VAT (completed) – this was approved.
  • Old Lane tree work: quote of £750 + VAT – this was approved.
  • Tree survey: £1750 + VAT (awaiting alternative quote). The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that a final decision should await receipt of an alternative quote to be provided through Jon Allbutt.

 

7.    HIGHWAYS & RIGHTS OF WAY

(a)   Highways: update

  • Surface treatment roads: discussion and proposal. The Vice Chairman proposed and it was agreed to consider this at the supplementary meeting on 22nd July as further investigation was needed on which roads (if any) may benefit from surface dressing. A response to Surrey County Council was due by end July.

(b)   Rights of Way: FP25 – discussion following response by Surrey County Council

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Clerk should respond stating the original objection should still stand but that the Parish Council noted the statements made in the response by Surrey County Council on this matter and would look forward to receiving the officers assessment on the footpath in due course.

 

8.    NOTIFIED MATTERS

(a)   Affordable Housing: update

The Chairman noted that the completion date was 23rd July 2013 and keys would be handed out to new tenants on that date.

(b)   Tatsfield Communications Advisory Committee (TCAC): update

Doug Massey proposed and it was agreed this would be addressed at a meeting when Peter Kerry was present.

(c)   World War 1 100th Anniversary: discuss Parish Council event

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed this would be addressed at subsequent meetings. David Hodge offered to provide a briefing paper to support any Parish Council decisions.

(d)   Invitation from Tatsfield School to nominate a School governor: initial discussion.

The Chairman invited members to consider her briefing paper and provide a response at a later meeting.

 

9.    REPORTS FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR, DISTRICT COUNCILLOR, VILLAGE ORGANISATIONS and EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS

(a)   County Councillor:

1- A Community Improvement Fund application had been submitted by the Composting Group and would be considered.

2- Surrey County Council was supporting an initiative to combine emergency operation centres (Fire, Police and Ambulance).

3- Local Government Authority (LGA) meeting appears to indicate that there are no plans for precept capping for parish councils.

4- Library of the Year award won by Surrey libraries.

5- David Hodge is new chairman of the county council network for next 3 years. Good opportunities for Surrey.

 

(b)   District Councillor:

1- Water in Approach Road appears to be coming from local businesses at Beaver Waterworld – Tandridge is checking that planning permission is in place for these businesses to carry out their activities.

2- Barnesfield Road fly tipping – behind Old Lane – has been raised for action with Tandridge.

3- Thanks to Tandridge for their assistance with grass cutting and other matters relating to Tatsfield in Bloom.

(c)   Tatsfield Community Responders

No update.

(d)   Village Hall Management Committee: update

Helena Garcia noted that an area of the recently maintained floor was peeling. The Clerk had contacted Ryan Leisure and they would be arranging to visit the site and agree remedial work.

(e)   Tatsfield in Bloom:

Judging would be taking place on 18th July 2013.

(f)    Airport.

The next meeting for the Consultative committee would take place on 18th July 2013.

(g)   Vern D ‘Anjou Association.

Nothing new to report.

(h)   Speedwatch.

Activity is ongoing.

(i)    Tatsfield Fairtrade Steering Group

Awaiting result of submission for renewal. Oxted High School has achieved Fair-trade status largely due to a Tatsfield resident’s efforts.

 

 

10.  PARISH COUNCIL PROPERTY AND LAND

To receive updates, discuss matters and where relevant, agree on proposals relating to:

(a)   Green Spaces and Rights of Way Committee (including Tatsfield and Westmore Greens, Pond, Kemsley Wood, Millennium Wood, bridleways): update.

The planting of the Royal Oak on Tatsfield Green will take place on 14th July 2013 at 2.30pm. Clearing and re-planting in pond will wait until last of frog spawn has cleared, probably mid August.

(b)   Westmore Green:

  • The End – update on works. Complaints have been received from residents about bonfires on site but these appear to be in hand locally and the Parish Council should keep an eye on the situation.
  • Use of Green by Tatsfield Horticultural Society – 21st July 2013. This was approved as long as the pathway, access to the playground and the works at the End were kept clear and subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions for use of the Green.

(c)   Parish Council Car Park and retained facilities

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed to pre-emptively approve advertising by Federicci Ltd on the gate of the Village hall under the usual advertising terms and conditions. The Clerk to proceed.

(d)   Tatsfield Community Games Area

Nothing to report.

(e)   Aileen McHugo Building: update

Desmond Bishop to liaise with Room 3 re opening the window which is a little stiff.

General acceptance of request to book Parish Room for meditation workshop for 10 sessions in July / August at Weekends.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Clerk should obtain the consent form for the filming done in the building by a film crew with tenant in Room 2. It was noted that the Parish room was not available for general use and should be booked and paid for by tenants. The Clerk to action.

(f)    Village Hall

Addressed under 9d.

(g)   Tatsfield Allotments and Community Gardens: update

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that approval for a wholly temporary shelter at the allotments site for the composting team until such time as a formal Certificate of Lawfulness submission was submitted by the Horticultural Society / TCAG for other items. The Clerk to inform the composting group.

 

11.  MEETINGS TO ATTEND / CORRESPONDENCE:

(a)   to agree attendance at Meetings to which Parish Councillors are invited

1-     Surrey VCFS Forum on Wednesday 10th July 2013 10am – 1pm at Reigate Baptist Church – theme HEALTH. Unlikely anyone can attend.

 

(b)   discuss Correspondence received by the Clerk:

Thank you letter received from Oxted CAB for the grant awarded.

 

12.  MATTERS FOR REPORTING OR INCLUSION IN FUTURE AGENDA

Clerk noted a request for use of Westmore Green in September by the Tatsfield School PTA – to be discussed on 22 July.

 

The meeting concluded at 9.58pm

 

Matters raised under Public adjournment:

1- G South offered to provide a copy of the recently completed tree survey by the same supplier the Parish council had a quote from.

2- Corner of Ship Hill and Ricketts HIll Road / Old Lane is in a very bad and dangerous state

3- there should be recognition for World War I anniversary next year, not celebration. leaflet available re the brass plaque in the church written by Ian mitchell

4- Crown Road – rubbish being dumped without permission to cross what could be parish council land

5- Thanks to scouts for clearing up after their Fete on Westmore Green.

6- Dave Bishop thanks the Parish Council for the grant of £300 but requires assistance for refreshments as the scouts are not able to help.

 

Item & page

(25 Feb 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

 

7, 16

Contact Age UK

Peter Kerry

11/3/2013

IN progress

 

Item & page

(13 May 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

 

17d, 35

Agree meeting with Surrey Police

Clerk

31/5/2013

In progress

 

Item & page

(8 July 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

 

5a, 50

Inform Tandridge planning of Parish council decisions

Clerk

17/7/2013

COMPLETE

 

5a, 50

Request extension for TA/2013/788

Clerk

12/7/2013

COMPLETE

 

7b, 51

Respond to Footpath 25 modification order

Clerk

8/7/2013

COMPLETE

 

10b, 52

Obtain acceptance re Terms and conditions for Green

Clerk

15/7/2103

In progress

 

10c, 52

Inform Federicci Ltd of consent for advertising on gate

Clerk

22/7/2103

 COMPLETE

 

10g, 52

Inform composting group of temporary shelter approval

Clerk

12/7/2013

COMPLETE

 

 

Agenda for Main meeting on 9th September 2013

 

DRAFT MINUTES of the Meeting of Tatsfield Parish Council held on the 9th September 2013 in the Parish Room, Aileen McHugo Building, Westmore Green, Tatsfield commencing at 7.30 p.m.

Present:                       Mrs Susan Smale (in the chair)

                                    Mr Douglas Massey, Mr Martin Westerman, Mr Peter Kerry, Mrs Nichola Stokoe

                                    Ms Helena Garcia, Mr Ian Mitchell

           

In Attendance:  Mrs Ana Hughes (Clerk)

                                                Mr Bob David (Tandridge DC Councillor)

                                                Mr David Hodge (Surrey County Councillor)

                                   

And 6 parishioners.

 

1.    APOLOGIES: None

2.    DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST (relating to items on the agenda):

None

3.    To agree and sign the MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS held on 8th July 2013 and 12 August 2013

The minutes of the main meeting held on 8th July 2013 and the supplementary meeting held on the 12th August 2013 were approved and signed by the Chairman as a correct record, together with appendices where appropriate.

 

4.    To receive an Officer’s report on actions outstanding since the previous meeting

The Clerk informed the meeting that action points would be addressed under current agenda items and that if these had been completed this was shown in the Action list table.

 

5.    PLANNING

(a)   To determine the Parish Councils position on Appendix A (if relevant)

•     TA/2013/1050: Glendale, Barnfield Road, Tatsfield, TN16 2LG Conversion of existing garage into habitable accommodation (Certificate of Lawfulness for a Proposed Use or Development)

No objection.

•     TA/2013/1179 - 19 Shipfield Close, Tatsfield, Surrey, TN16 2AU Erection of two storey side extension, single storey rear extension and single storey extension to front elevation

No objection.

•     TA/2013/1156 - Greenacre, Manor Road, Tatsfield, TN16 2ND Alterations to roof of existing rear Conservatory, replacement existing flat roof dormer to rear elevation with new pitched roof dormers. Erection of a new store building.

No objection but request a condition based on RE10 to prevent future transformation of store into garage or existing garage into habitable accommodation. Clerk to agree wording.

The Clerk was instructed to inform Tandridge Planning of the Parish Council’s decisions.

(b)   Planning member for September:

Doug Massey to take on this role in September assisted by Helena Garcia.

(c)   Neighbourhood Planning / Appraisal Team: update

Ian Mitchell noted that the response rate of around 50% was much lower than previous years (around 70%) The Parish Council was made aware of several items of interest, including support for a neighbourhood plan, a war memorial and 5 possible candidates for the next election. A detailed analysis and report would be available in January 2014.

 

6.    FINANCE

(a)   Authorize payments (including presentation of cheques) detailed in Appendix B

Payments as detailed in appendix B were authorised and cheques signed.

(b)   Discuss and agree items requiring expenditure:

  • Grant request from St Marys Church: to assist with tree maintenance costs on site

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the parish council would pay the full costs associated with the survey subject to confirmation by the clerk on the final amount. It was estimated costs would be between £700 and £800.

  • Tree survey : select supplier £1520 - £1750

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the parish council should take the advice of their professional consultant on these matters and choose the independent surveyor. The Clerk was advised to proceed with arranging the survey.

(c)   Approve pay increase for Clerk as agreed by NALC

The was approved as detailed in the NALC document released and circulated and stipulated the SCP 18 pay rate was increased to £9.009 per hour to be backdated to 1 April 2013.

(d)   Acknowledge and Approve final audited accounts

The Parish Council acknowledged and approved the final audited accounts as per the letter received by the Clerk from BDO LLP dated 23 July 2013.

(e)   Approve Helena Garcia as an authorised signatory to the bank account and sign new mandate

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that Helena Garcia should be authorised as a signatory on the Parish Council’s current bank account and that a new mandate would require completing and signing.

 

7.    HIGHWAYS & RIGHTS OF WAY

(a)   Highways: update

  • Tandridge Freight Review - Lorry Activity – discuss and agree next steps.

Doug Massey proposed and it was agreed that this should be finalised as per the requirements received from Surrey Highways, in time to be submitted to David Hodge at the end of September.

It was noted that a final response on where to store salt for the winter weather was required at the supplementary meeting in September.

(b)   Rights of Way: None

 

8.    NOTIFIED MATTERS

(a)   Affordable Housing: update

The Chairman noted that teething problems with the new site were being dealt with and that there was indication from the appraisal results that support for a new project was considerable.

(b)   Tatsfield Communications Advisory Committee (TCAC): discuss actions points from meeting report.

Peter Kerry requested that the parish council endorse proposed actions listed in appendix C from the TCAC ref to parish council communication with the community. The Chairman agreed these should be discussed and agreed at the next meeting.

(c)   World War 1 100th Anniversary / War memorial: update

The Chairman noted that initial analysis of the appraisal comments and feedback indicated a very strong support for a war memorial. It was agreed the Clerk should investigate costs and maintenance and consultation on possible formats / location would be made by members.

(d)   Village Sign: is it copy righted and what conditions apply to its use.

Ian Mitchell confirmed that copyright of the Village Sign belongs to the Parish Council but that no formal registration had ever been made. It was noted that vigilance was necessary to ensure the sign was not abused, especially to promote commercial enterprises.

(e)   Tandridge Community Infrastructure Levy consultation: discussion and next steps

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that a draft response would be available for the Supplementary meeting on 23rd September.

(f)    PPL/PRS Music License – discuss and next steps.

Martin Westerman proposed and it was agreed that he would look into whether this new information might have an impact on the parish council as owner of the Aileen McHugo Building or Village Hall and would report back for the October meeting.

 

9.    REPORTS FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR, DISTRICT COUNCILLOR, VILLAGE ORGANISATIONS and EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS

(a)   County Councillor:

1- Plans for Ricketts Hill Road to be re-laid overnight were being addressed – would the parish council support this action? The Vice-Chairman stated that in principle this would be acceptable as long as residents were involved in communication and plans to detour buses were made.

2- All winter bins were being filled with salt and farmers already have their loads delivered.

3- Marc Boland from Surrey Highways was looking for clarification on the Parish Council representative for Highways. Doug Massey to address this.

 (b)   District Councillor:

1- Planning Policy Committee in Tandridge may have the ability to deal with large (greater than 10-20 dwellings) planning applications removed by the government if time scales are not decreased.

2- Tandridge District Council (TDC) commissioned an independent report on housing needs and research from this report noted that 454 additional new dwellings per annum were required to meet demand. TDC are proposing to accept the research but it should be noted that it does not take planning restrictions into account. Large concerns all around the district.

(c)   Tatsfield Community Responders

No update.

 (d)   Village Hall Management Committee: update

  • Car park direction sign

Helena Garcia proposed and it was agreed in principle to allow a car park direction sign (location to be determined) and a name sign on the back of the village hall. It was noted that the parish council would like the location of the sign to be agreed first and that consideration to lighting for the sign was needed.

Helena Garcia noted the floor now appeared to be in good shape.

(e)   Tatsfield in Bloom:

A group would be attending the ceremonies in Tunbridge Wells on 11th September for the results.

The Parish Council would prefer consultation before alterations made to the signs depending on the results. The Chairman congratulated the Tatsfield in Bloom volunteers on the look of the village.

(f)    Airport.

A new managing director has been appointed but confirmation is still awaited.

(g)   Vern D ‘Anjou Association.

Nothing new to report.

(h)   Speedwatch.

Activity is ongoing for next couple of months.

(i)    Tatsfield Fairtrade Steering Group

Fairtrade status has been renewed.

Doug Massey noted the tea tent would be in front of Linda’s on 5th October.

(j)    Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) – annual report update

Increase in debt counselling in the last year. It was generally felt that access to Oxted was enough for local residents and a surgery would not be viable.

 

10.  PARISH COUNCIL PROPERTY AND LAND

To receive updates, discuss matters and where relevant, agree on proposals relating to:

(a)   Green Spaces and Rights of Way Committee (including Tatsfield and Westmore Greens, Pond, Kemsley Wood, Millennium Wood, bridleways): update.

  • Pond: Doug Massey noted that work on thinning the vegetation was continuing and he had received confirmation that Downlands would be happy with creating a planting and maintenance schedule. A possibility of harvesting water from the Club was being examined.
  • Royal Oak fencing: Doug Massey needed to co-ordinate with Jon Allbutt and Desmond Bishop to install this.
  • Benches: a survey had been completed by the Clerk with Bob David of all benches, bins, planters and mangers around the village. This would be added to Parish Online and assessments for replacements versus continued repairs made. Liaison with Tandridge (Steve Hyder) also to take place, specifically for benches as these were listed as Tandridge assets.
  • The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the decision on 22 July 2013 re cutting the grass on Tatsfield Green for fire hazard fears should be approved.
  • Update on Federicci Ltd – change of location to back of Village Hall.

(b)   Parish Council Car Park and retained facilities

The Chairman noted that Federicci Ltd had changed their location to the rear of the village hall to comply with street license vending laws from Tandridge District Council.

(c)   Tatsfield Community Games Area

  • The Clerk noted assistance would be required to lock up from 20th – 29th September.

(d)   Aileen McHugo Building: update

The Clerk noted that Bigg-In Words had agreed to renew and she was awaiting signed documentation.

(e)   Village Hall:

  • Request for changes from Little Acorns re door in wall and outside play area

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that further information was required on the location of the proposed door, the surface location, access to the area, and responsibility for the surface before any discussion could take place. The Clerk to proceed.

(f)    Tatsfield Allotments and Community Gardens: update.

It was reported that seating for the community area had been installed as had the water storage tank. The composting group had applied for a grant for a new shredder. The Clerk should contact Mike Sarll for regular updates.

 

11.  MEETINGS TO ATTEND / CORRESPONDENCE:

(a)   to agree attendance at Meetings to which Parish Councillors are invited

1-     Thursday 26 September 2013 at The Douglas Brunton Centre Park Road, Caterham, CR3 5TA commencing at

12.00 noon - none

2-     Friday 20th September - 10.00 am until 12 noon in aid of St. Catherine’s Hospice, East Surrey Museum and The Soper Hall Community Centre at Council Offices in Oxted.

3-     SURREY ALC AGM & Conference Tuesday, 15th October 2013 0930 registration 1330 close at East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Avenue, East Horsley, Surrey, KT24 6QT. Clerk to attend.

 

(b)   to discuss Correspondence received by the Clerk

  • Complaint regarding paint on bench near pond causing damage to clothing

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed that the Clerk should write to the gentleman who had made the complaint noting that the Parish Council felt all reasonable endeavours had been made to ensure the bench was safe to use (painted 4 days before the event, notices put up until the 15th July and then deemed to be safe following testing), but that as a gesture of good will the parish council would offer to pay for the dry cleaning of the garments that had been damaged, once the Clerk had received receipts pertaining to this.

 

12.  Any other business which the Chairman is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency

None

 

13.  MATTERS FOR REPORTING OR INCLUSION IN FUTURE AGENDA

None

 

The meeting concluded at 10.38pm

 

 

Matters raised under Public adjournment:

 

1- Roseheath Foundation – a new charity to focus on young, elderly and disabled to benefit mainly Westerham and Tatsfield residents. please assist in spreading the word. all applications considered for grants of £200 - £2000.

2- Christmas sing-along – request for parish council assistance.

3- Crown Road – access problem

4- has the review of village signs taken place YET?

5- Maesmaur Road to Ship Hill – hedge blocking vision

6- War MEMORIAL: location needs to be landscaped and large enough to accommodate gatherings. pathways and access should be considered too.

 

Item & page

(25 Feb 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

 

7, 16

Contact Age UK

Peter Kerry

11/3/2013

IN progress

 

Item & page

(22 July 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

 

4a, b 56

Respond to Tandridge planning

P Kerry

31/7/2013

COMPLETE

 

4c, 56

Respond re planning policy – final comments

I Mitchell

9/8/2013

COMPLETE

 

7, 56

Investigate lay-bys in Approach Road

D Massey

9/9/2013

In progress

 

8, 56

Respond to Tatsfield School re Governor Invitation

Chair

31/7/2013

COMPLETE

 

Item & page

(12 Aug 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

 

4, 58

Respond to Tandridge planning

Clerk

15/8/2013

COMPLETE

 

Item & page

(9 Sept 2013)

Action

Who

Date by

Result

 

5a, 59

Respond to Tandridge planning

Clerk

13/9/2013

COMPLETE

 

6b, 59

Confirm final amount for St Mary tree survey and agree with members

Clerk

23/9/2013

COMPLETE

 

6b, 59

Arrange tree survey of parish council land with ACS Consulting

Clerk

17/9/2013

In progress

 

7a, 60

Freight review response / salt location

All

23/9/2013

 

 

8c, 60

Investigate prices / styles for war memorial

Clerk

14/10/2013

 

 

8f, 60

Investigate and propose next steps

M Westerman

14/10/2013

 

 

10e, 61

Request further information from Little Acorns

Clerk

23/9/2013

 

 

11b, 62

Respond to complaint

Clerk

17/9/2013

COMPLETE