How to restore deleted pages
When a page is deleted, it is moved to the Trash section of your site. This is a temporary storage area for pages that are no longer required. Any pages that are in the Trash can be restored back to your website.
To restore a deleted page
- Go to your site admin page
- Go to the Content Management tab
- On the left side of the screen is the Site Map. At the bottom of the site map is the Trash - any deleted pages are listed here.
- Click on the deleted page that you want to restore. The page will be displayed on the right side of the screen
- Click the Index or Edit tab
- Click the Cut button
- In the Site Map on the left, click the page or folder that you want your restored page to appear beneath.
- When the page displays on the right of the screen, click the Paste item here button. The deleted page will then be moved out of the Trash and back on to your site.
- You can now edit the restored page if necessary before republishing it (you will need to republish any pages that you restore from the Trash as they are added back to your site in draft and so are unavailable to your visitors until you publish them).
Note: There is an Empty Trash button beneath the Trash section. If you click this, all of the items currently stored in Trash are permanently deleted. This is useful if you have a lot of old pages in the Trash but use it with care - once you empty the Trash, any pages that were in it are gone for good.