How to rename the built-in applications
You can change the names of any of the built-in applications such as the discussion forum or photo album. For example, you could change "Weblog" to "Blog" or "Our files" to "Downloads".
You can do this as often as you like. The application's name is displayed in your site's navigation menu and on that application's pages so, to prevent confusion, it is best to choose a name and then stick to it.
You might do change the name to make the application fit in better with the names of other pages on your site or because you want to use an application for a very specific purpose.
How to rename an application
- Go to your site admin page.
- Click on the content management tab and then applications.
- Click the rename button next to the application that you want to rename.
- Type in your new name for the application and click the OK button.
- Click the confirm button to complete the renaming.
The application will be immediately renamed and the new name will appear on your site and in your admin pages.
Note: Changing the name of the application will not affect the address (URL). If you need to change the address, you should disable the application and then re-enable it. You will then be prompted to enter a new address.