Adding an album to the photo album
An album is a collection of photographs. Visitors clicking on the album can see thumbnail images and captions for of all of the photos in it. If they click on a thumbnail, the larger version of the photo will be displayed along with any descriptive text that you have added. On-screen controls allow them to browse easily to the other photos in the album.
You'll need to add at least one album (otherwise there'll be nowhere for you to add your photos to) but most people add several. This allows them to organise their photos into different collections. For example, if your site is for a drama group, then you might have an album for each play that you perform, "Hamlet", "Macbeth" etc. Dividing your photos like this makes it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for.
There is no upper limit on the number of albums but if you have a large number, it makes sense to add some folders to gather similar albums together. Again, this helps visitors find what they are looking for. In the example above, you might add folders for "2010 productions", "2009 productions" and so on. Or you could choose to add folders for "Comedies", "Tragedies", "Musicals" etc - how you choose to divide the albums is up to you.
You can add an album inside any folder but not inside another album.
To add an album
- Go to your photo album. (If you want to create an album within a particular folder, you should go to that folder.)
- Click on the Add Album button.
- Give the album a name. This is displayed beneath the album icon and also at the top of the album's page.
- Optionally add photographer details. This is displayed at the top of the album's page (just beneath the name).
- Optionally add a description. This is displayed beneath the album icon and also at the top of the album's page.
- Optionally add a story. This can be longer than the description and is displayed at the top of the album's page (just beneath the description).
- Click OK.
The album is now added to your site and is available for people to view.
Where does the album text appear?
The illustration below shows where the text appears for the album icons:
On the album page itself, the text appears like so: