The photo album application makes it easy to display collections of pictures and photos to your visitors.
You can display descriptive text alongside each image and if you have a lot of them, you can organise them into folders and albums to make it easier for visitors to find the images they are looking for.
The application also allows members of your site to contribute their own photos - this can be a great way of encouraging participation in your site! (If you don't want your members to be able to add photos, you can turn this feature off).
You should start by reading about the things you need to consider before adding a photo album and then about how the photo album is organised. The quick start guide gives a summary of using the main features and the links below give more detailed information.
Setting up and running the photo album application
- What you need to think about before you add the photo album application
- How the photo album is organised - folders, albums and photos
- Adding or removing the photo album application
- Renaming the photo album application
- Managing your photo album
- Quick start guide - a summary of the most commonly used functions
- Adding an album
- Changing an album's details
- Changing the picture used for the cover of the album
- Changing the order of photos in an album
- Moving an album
- Deleting an album
- Adding photos
- Changing photos' details
- Hiding photos
- Linking to photos or using them on other pages
- Moving photos from one album to another
- Deleting photos
- Controlling who can see and use the photo album (permissions)