Using the events calendar application
The events calendar application allows you to easily publish details of events to your site. It has a number of advantages over just creating web pages listing your events:
- The calendar automatically displays your current events - visitors won't have to search through old event details to see what's on now.
- The calendar application on your site lets people see your events displayed as a list or displayed by day, week or month. Visitors can also search for events for set periods ahead.
- Events in your calendar will automatically show up in the SurreyCommunity.info events search so it's a good way of getting more exposure for you and your group.
- When visitors look at the details of your events, they can click a button on the page to add your event to the calendar program on their computer.
- If you include a postcode in your event details, the system will automatically create a link to a map of the location of your event. Alternatively, you can add a map of your own.
- Automatically updating lists of your events can be added to any other web page on your site
Find our more about setting up and running the events calendar application: