Renaming the discussion forum
The discussion forum application's name is displayed in your site's navigation menu. You can change the name if you want to.
You might do this to make it fit in with the rest of your site or if you want the forum to be used for a particular type of discussion. For example, you might rename it "Our discussions", "Local talk", "Chat zone", "Debate our future" etc.
How to rename the forum
- Go to your site admin page.
- Click on the content management tab and then applications.
- Click the rename button next to discussions in the list (remember - if you have renamed it before, it will be in the list under its new name)
- Type in your new name for the application and click the OK button
- Click the confirm button to complete the renaming
The forum will be immediately renamed and the new name will appear on your site and in your admin pages.