Editing or removing messages and threads
Administrators and moderators can edit or remove messages from discussions (see the moderating guidelines for reasons why you might want to do this).
Editing a message allows you to make changes to the title or text of the message. If you edit a message, you may want to add a line to it to say that it has been edited (and perhaps also the reason why).
Deleting a message will remove the message and any replies to that message. It won't delete replies to other messages but you should check carefully what will be removed before you delete anything (once a message or reply is deleted, you can't get it back). If you don't want to delete the replies, you may need to move them first or edit the message instead.
If you delete the first message in a thread, all of the replies in that thread will be deleted and the thread will be removed from the discussion.
Any changes that you make are applied immediately to your forum.
Editing a message
- Go to the discussion forum on your website and click on the discussion containing the message that you want to edit.
- Click the edit button on the message that you want to edit (note: the button will only appear when you are logged in). The editor will appear.
- Make your changes (you may also want to add a line to the message to show that it has been edited by a moderator and the reason why) and then click the OK button.
- The edited version of the message will immediately replace the original version in the discussion.
Deleting a message
- Go to the discussion forum on your website and click on the discussion containing the message that you want to delete.
- Click the delete button on the message that you want to edit (note: the button will only appear when you are logged in).
- You will be asked if you are sure that you want to delete the message and all replies to it. Click yes to delete the message and replies (or no to leave them as they are).
- The message and replies will be immediately removed from the discussion.