I can't get into my website to edit it
There could be a number of reasons why you can't login and edit your site. If the information below doesn't help you regain access to your site, please contact us.
If you can't login to your site or SurreyCommunity.info
If you have forgotten your password, you can have it reset and sent to your email address.
If you no longer have access to the email address that you registered with on SurreyCommunity, you should contact us. We will need to ask you for extra information and there may be a delay in restoring your access to your site.
If you can login successfully but can't edit your site
If you share the administration of your site with other people, check with them that they haven't accidentally removed you as an administrator (it is easy for them to add you again as an administrator).
If your site automatically redirects before you can log in
If you have set your site to automatically redirect visitors to another site elsewhere, you will also be redirected unless you are logged in first.
- Go to the SurreyCommunity.info home page.
- Use the login link in the black bar at the top of the page.
- Enter your email and password when prompted
- Once you have logged in, visit your site as normal
If your homepage isn't available for you to login
If you have taken your home page offline (unpublished it), it will be unavailable to everyone, including you. This means that you won't be able to use it to login. To regain access to your site:
- Go to http://www.surreycommunity.info/[your site's name here]/admin
- You will be prompted to login as usual.
- Once you have logged in you should republish your home page (note: it's not a good idea to take your home page offline - any visitors will just see an error message. If you want to prevent access to your site, it's a better idea to temporarily redirect it).