Using email notifications
SurreyCommunity.info sites can send you alerts by email when their content is updated.
You can decide how often you receive notifications and you can choose to stop receiving them at any time. If there are SurreyCommunity.info sites that you are interested in, this is a great way to keep up-to-date with their latest news.
To take advantage of this, you have to:
- be registered with SurreyCommunity.info (you can register online - it's easy and takes less than two minutes)
- join the website you want to receive notifications from. Note that not all SurreyCommunity.info sites allow people to join them (you'll see a link to join a site at the top of its pages if the option is available).
How to start or stop receiving email notifications
- Click on the Your Account link at the top of the page. Your account details will be displayed.
- Click on the notifications tab. The tab will display a list of all of the sites you have joined.
- Tick the box next to any group that you want to receive notifications from.
- Select how frequently you want to be sent notifications from the drop-down menu.
To stop receiving emails or to change the frequency they are sent to you, repeat the process above and adjust the settings.
Note: if you elect not to receive emails, we will avoid sending you unecessary notifications. However, we may still send you essential emails, such as if there problems affecting your account or the SurreyCommunity service.
Note for site owners
If people have opted-in to receive notifications from your group, the system will send them notifications for any new pages are that are published on your site. It also send notifications for new items/posts being added to the following applications:
- Our files