AN INDEPENDENT PRIVATE WEBSITE FOR PUBLIC USE.
No connection with the Elstead Parish Council or the Elstead Village Magazine.
This site is dedicated to collecting, analysing and distributing information about our village. We try to keep up with current news items that are likely to affect us in Elstead and carry out investigations into their background. This often involves searching the Internet for relevant information and communicating with people and organisations that can throw light on matters that concern us. Important News items are posted on the website notice board from time to time, with key headlines on the Home page.
Current and past campaigns and items of interest have included:
- The new Waverley Local Plan and the Elstead & Weyburn Neighbourhood Plan (2014 - ??)
The MOD intention to close the Hankley Common car park (2012 - 2014)
Surrey Wildlife Trust plans for cattle & fencing on the local Commons (2012)
Rights of Way and public access on Hankley Common (2012-2014)
Bonfire Hill housing proposals (2013 - ??)
Parking in Springfield & round The Green (2013 - 16)
The floods and power cuts in (2013/2014)
The Parish Council Emergency Plan Revision(2014 - ??)
The proposal for changes to Air Traffic Control zones around Farnborough Airport, which could have affected noise levels around Elstead. (2012 - 2014)
The current state of local footpaths and bridleways (Work in progress).
Information on these has been collated and stored on the ELSTEAD ONLINE website and is available for anybody to see. Some investigations have involved online surveys and polls and a petition about the Hankley Common car park closure raised nearly 600 responses from all over the country.
Other information on the website includes:
- A link to [ELSTEAD'S FUTURE] a separate website for information on the Elstead & Weyburn Neighbourhood Plan and the Waverley Local Plan.
- Contact information about local authorities and Elstead organisations
- Links to local club websites
- Articles about Elstead and the area, trawled from the Internet.
- A separate section for the use of the local Churches
- Links to sites showing houses for sale and rent in Elstead
- A Photo Gallery where Group Members can set up a photo/video album
- A link to Google Maps with Street Map & live traffic display
We would like to build up historical archives with old photographs supplied by residents. Old articles and copies of the ElsteadVillage news from the past ten years have been transferred from an earlier Elstead website. Some Church history and parish records will also be available.
All the facilities on the ELSTEAD ONLINE website are supplied free of charge by the local authority supported Surrey Community system. This is a non-commercial private website.