As an independent group of people, the Friends support the running of Elmbridge Museum through membership and fund-raising events.
The Friends was launched at a public meeting held in Weybridge Library Hall in October 1998, attended by the Mayor of Elmbridge, the Museum Manager and Assistant Manager, and over 70 members of the public.
A steering committee had looked at a model constitution suggested by the British Association of Friends of Museums, and put a slightly amended version of this to the meeting. After some discussion the constitution was accepted and elections for a committee were held.
The Friends aim to help the Museum by:
- Publicising the Museum
- Working with the Museum to raise interest in the history of the area
- Undertaking voluntary work at the Museum
- Arranging lectures and events
- Sponsoring events to raise funds for special projects
As a member of the Friends of Elmbridge Museum you will:
- Receive the "Friends" newsletter
- Be able to attend events held at the Museum and private views
- Be able to participate in local Museum projects
- Broaden your knowledge of the history of Elmbridge
New members are always welcome and needed if the Friends are to achieve their aims.
Membership subscriptions are as follows:
- Individuals: £5 per year
- Youth: £3 per year
- Families : £10 per year
- Lifetime: £50
If you'd like to become a member of the Friends, please complete the membership form (PDF).
Visit the Elmbridge Museum website to browse the collection or to view details of upcoming exhibitions and events.