Terms and Conditions
SurreyCommunity.info (“the Website”) is a service operated by Surrey County Council (“we”/”us”), of County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DN.
If you use SurreyCommunity.info you agree to our following terms and conditions of use.
We may revise our terms and conditions at any time without notice. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any changes but it is up to you to regularly check the terms and conditions to make sure that you are still able to comply with them.
However, we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on material contained on or accessed via these pages, nor can we guarantee that links to external sites will always be available. Users should note that material from external providers may express views that are not necessarily attributable to us. Inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked website, its operator or its content, nor are we responsible for the content of any website or web page outside of SurreyCommunity.info
If you do not agree with our terms and conditions you must not use SurreyCommunity.info
Breaching the terms and conditions may result in your access to SurreyCommunity.info and your community website being withdrawn without notice.
You may use SurreyCommunity.info without registering to:
- search for and make use of community information
To make full use of SurreyCommunity.info you must register. When you register with SurreyCommunity.info you may also:
- create a community website by using the software tools provided by us
- join community websites on SurreyCommunity.info
- take part in discussion forums and other online activities
You agree to use SurreyCommunity.info only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of SurreyCommunity.info.
Such restriction or inhibition includes:
- behaviour which is unlawful
- behaviour that may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to others
- behaviour that may disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
You must not post nor transmit anything that:
- is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous
- constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, likely to give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law.
We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials on SurreyCommunity.info.
All materials on SurreyCommunity.info are copyright unless indicated otherwise. If you wish to use any material from SurreyCommunity.info you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Registering with SurreyCommunity.info
When you register with SurreyCommunity.info, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself
- update the information about yourself if it changes
If you provide any information that is not true or not accurate, we may suspend or terminate your use of SurreyCommunity.info.
You must be at least 18 years old to register with SurreyCommunity.info
Your account and password
When your registration has been approved, you will receive an account and password. You are responsible for keeping your password and account details secure. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
You agree to:
- not let anyone else use your account and password
- exit from your account at the end of each session
- immediately notify us by contacting email@example.com of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
Setting up and running a community website using SurreyCommunity.info
Registered users of SurreyCommunity.info can apply to set up a website using SurreyCommunity.info if they are any of the following:
- A community, voluntary or non-profit organisation geographically based in Surrey.
- A community, voluntary or non-profit organisation geographically based within 10 miles of the border of Surrey and providing services to people in Surrey.
- A district, borough, town or parish council in Surrey
- An elected member of a county, district, borough, town or parish council in Surrey.
- A national community, voluntary or non-profit organisation providing services within Surrey
We reserve the right to reject applications to set up a website using SurreyCommunity.info at our absolute discretion.
If your application to set up a website using SurreyCommunity.info is accepted, you agree to:
- keep the information on your site updated so that it is true, accurate, current and complete.
- review and update the content of your website at least once every year. If you are no longer able to maintain your website, you must make arrangements to either transfer the responsibility to someone else in your organisation or wind down your site. We may close sites that are not reviewed and updated. You must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you no longer need your website.
- not use your website for commercial business purposes
- not publish or distribute any illegal material on your website. If you add features to your website that allow users to contribute (such as discussion forums) you must monitor your website for illegal, libellous or defamatory material added by users and must remove any such material when you become aware of its existence.
- keep the personal details of anyone who joins your website secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act. You must not notify, sell or otherwise inform any third party of the email addresses or other personal information of any your members without their consent.
- not use your website to send unsolicited emails (sometimes referred to as spam) to anyone.
- grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, store and maintain your content on a server for the purposes of hosting your website.
- take responsibility for any legal fees, damages or other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your website. We will have no liability for the contents of your website or any communications transmitted by you using SurreyCommunity.info. You will duly indemnify us from any breach whatsoever whether contractual or otherwise by you.
If your application to set up a website using SurreyCommunity.info is accepted, you can use the software tools provided by us to establish your own community website. We grant you a non-exclusive limited licence to use these tools for the purposes specified in these terms and conditions. We may terminate this software licence at any time at our absolute and sole discretion.
The software tools are provided on an 'as is' basis and we do not guarantee their availability or quality. We do not guarantee that the software tools are adequate for your individual purposes. We will not be responsible for any failure of the tools whatsoever, however caused.
We will host your community website on our servers until such time that either we or you terminate the agreement. We provide no guarantee whatsoever as to quality of the hosting service or whether the hosting service will be provided at all.
We do not guarantee to provide any back-up or data recovery facilities for your community website and are not responsible for any loss or damage, including loss of data, whatsoever. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to back-up your website.
While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, please be aware that the Internet is not a fully secure medium.
Any communication or information transmitted by you as a user with general public access and/or anonymous access to SurreyCommunity.info by electronic mail or otherwise will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential and may be used by us for any purpose.
The SurreyCommunity.info web server may automatically recognise the domain name and e-mail address of users of our websites. We may collect the domain name and e-mail address of visitors to SurreyCommunity.info, the e-mail address of those who post messages to our bulletin boards, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, e-mail addresses of those who make postings to SurreyCommunity.info chat areas, aggregate information on what pages users access or visit and information volunteered by the user, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
Personal information collected from visitors to SurreyCommunity.info is used:
- for internal review
- to improve the content of SurreyCommunity.info
- to customise the content and/or layout of SurreyCommunity.info for each individual user
- to notify users about updates to SurreyCommunity.info
- by SurreyCommunity.info to contact users for marketing purposes and is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
Your authorisation to use SurreyCommunity.info automatically terminates without notice if, at our sole discretion, you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions. On termination, you must cease all use of SurreyCommunity.info and destroy all and any materials copied directly or indirectly from SurreyCommunity.info. This does not limit our right to terminate at any time for any reason whatsoever.
If you no longer require your website, you may request that it is removed from SurreyCommunity.info by contacting email@example.com. Removed websites are inaccessible to the public but are still stored on our servers for a period before being deleted.
Without limiting any other provision in these terms and conditions, the information, products and services available on SurreyCommunity.info are provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied.
We do not guarantee that SurreyCommunity.info will be provided and it may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a consequence of such modification, suspension or termination.
We do not guarantee that SurreyCommunity.info and the material contained in it will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that SurreyCommunity.info or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
SurreyCommunity.info provides links to websites maintained by other organisations as part of our service but we do not accept liability for their accuracy or content nor do we endorse any externally linked sites.
Although we may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chat, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on SurreyCommunity.info, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within SurreyCommunity.info.
Under no circumstances and without limitation, will we be liable for any loss or damage, whether indirect or consequential, however arising in connection with the use of SurreyCommunity.info.
These terms and conditions are governed and construed in accordance with English law. If any provision of the foregoing is held to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.