Changing your password
Your password prevents other people logging in as you. Ideally your password should be:
- be difficult to guess - don't use real words, your birthdate, phone number or the names of your children or pets.
- at least 7 characters long.
- include numbers and punctuation as well as letters.
You can change your password at any time (for example, if you want to change it to something more secure or easier for you to remember). There is no limit to the number of times that you can change your password.
You must keep your password secure and not share it with anyone else. If you believe that someone else knows your password, you should change it immediately. You can do this by following the instructions below or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To change your password
- Login as normal. You can either login on your site or the SurreyCommunity.info homepage.
- Click the Your account link (this will be either at the top or the bottom of the page, depending on your site's layout). Your account details will be shown on screen.
- Click the Change my password link.
- For security, you will be asked for your current password. You can then enter your new password. You'll need to enter your new password a second time to confirm it.
- Click the update button.
Your password is now changed. You will need to use your new password from now on.
If you are unable to change your password, you should contact us at: email@example.com