Add your group to our A-Z of community sites
If you are a voluntary, community or not-for-profit group providing services to people in Surrey and you already have a website, you can add your details to our A-Z. Your entry will include a brief description of your group and a link to your website.
The A-Z is browsed by thousands of people each month so inclusion can help bring more visitors to your site.
If your group hasn't already got a site, you can apply for a free website with us instead (all SurreyCommunity.info websites are automatically included in the A-Z).
Step 1: Check that you are eligible
To be included in the A-Z you must be one of the following:
- A community, voluntary or non-profit organisation geographically based in Surrey.
- A community, voluntary or non-profit organisation geographically based close to the border of Surrey and providing services to people in Surrey.
- A district, borough, town or parish council in Surrey.
- An elected member of a county, district, borough, town or parish council in Surrey.
- A national community, voluntary or non-profit organisation providing services in Surrey.
If you are not sure that your group fits into one of the categories listed above, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
Step 2: Registering as a SurreyCommunity.info user
Before you can add your group's details to the A-Z you have to register with us. If you are already registered with us then you do not need to re-register and can skip straight to step three.
You can register with our online form.
The form is very short and only takes a couple of minutes to complete.
Once you have completed your details, you will automatically be sent an email containing a link. When it arrives click on the link in the email to confirm you have received it and complete the registration process.
(If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes of submitting the form, please check your email program's junk mail folder. If you can't find the email there, contact us at email@example.com. We'll need to know your name and the email address that you used to register with.)
Step 3: Adding your group to the A-Z
To add your group to the A-Z, you'll need to complete the same form that is used to apply for a website. This will ask you for details of your group and also details of your current website (so that we can link your entry in the A-Z to it). To fill out the form:
- Go to the SurreyCommunity.info and login using the login link at the top of the page.
- Once you have logged in, click on the Apply for a website link on the left of the SurreyCommunity.info homepage.
- The application form will appear on screen. It is longer than the form that you used to register and you should allow about 5 minutes to complete it.
- The form will ask you for details of your group including its name and a brief description. It will also ask you if you want to use your own website. Answer yes. You will also need to provide the address of your website - makes sure to include the whole address including the http:// at the beginning.
When you have completed the form and sent it, you will normally get a reply from us within two business days confirming your entry in the A-Z and providing you with login details. You can use these if you need to edit your entry in the A-Z at a later date or if you want to convert your entry into a full SurreyCommunity.info website.